Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Weekend.

This past weekend was beautiful in so many ways. We spent much of Saturday just being silly and playing in our living room fort:





NOTE: Perhaps you noticed that Matty has big boy underwear on in picture #3. This was pair #2 of 3 in only a matter of a few hours. Potty training = not so successful, but we'll keep trying :)

Saturday night, I started cooking for my grandma's 70th birthday party which was the next day. When the phone rang around 11:15, I immediately thought "who the heck is calling this late?" and then I thought of only one person it could be and I was right....it was my bff letting me know she was in labor and on the way to the hospital. I didn't get much sleep that night as I anxiously awaited updates on her progress. I headed to the hospital around 6:30 a.m. and at 7:46 a.m., little Ivy Maye was born! Such a beauty she is and I am so happy she shares a birthday with my grandma!

After meeting Ivy, I headed home to get ready for grandma's party. We had a wonderful time celebrating, but soon after arriving home, we all were visited by the stomach bug. I didn't even get to watch one second of the super bowl, though I hear that I won $25 in the office pool and hubby won $150 in another pool!

Despite the sickness, it was a lovely weekend filled with many blessings. Have a great week, everyone!



Photobucket

No comments: